Kings Pharmacy has been an established independent pharmacy in the Brooklyn area for more than 70 years. Kings includes a highly professional staff of pharmacists who are specially trained and certified in disease state management. We currently provide services including, but not limited to, Medication Therapy Management, Immunizations, Hepatitis C and Blood Pressure Screening. In addition, Kings has a compounding department that has the ability to provide IV, oral, and even veterinary compounds. Our program provides an array of opportunities to advance the profession of community pharmacy.
The mission of the one-year ASHP/APhA accredited Kings PGY-1 Community Pharmacy Residency Program is to foster an environment of professional growth for the resident. The resident will be involved in activities that exemplify the valuable role of the community pharmacist in healthcare. At the completion of the placement, the resident will have been provided with the necessary skills to continue to advance into the pharmaceutical profession.
- Development and promotion of pharmaceutical care and disease state management services in community pharmacy.
- Manage and improve medication use processes.
- Obtain experience in the compounding department, preparing TPN admixtures, IV, oral, and topical compounds.
- Exercise leadership and demonstrate project management skills.
- Provide medication and practice-related education/training.
- Development of teaching skills by precepting Pharm.D. students at experiential sites, and teaching at Long Island University of Pharmacy.
- Provide continuity of care to Kings’ patients by rotating through various local clinics and hospitals.
- Discover community pharmacy management and operations.
- Opportunity to organize various patient education lectures, support groups and community programs related to health and wellness.
The six main program elements will include professional services, direct patient care, practice management, teaching and research.
- 2 Weeks paid vacation
- Six paid holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Travel expense of up to $1,000 for the resident to attend a national pharmacy conference
Qualifications and Application Requirements
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree
- Certified Immunizer in the State of New York
- Letter of intent
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Eligible for pharmacy licensure in the State of New York
Read more about Kings Pharmacy’s PGY-1 Community Pharmacy Residency Program
- Kings Pharmacy PGY-1 Community Pharmacy Residency Program Manual
- Kings Pharmacy PGY-1 Community Pharmacy Residency Program Policy and Procedures
- Kings Pharmacy PGY-1 Community Pharmacy Residency Program Application Information
Brooke D. Fidler, PharmD
357 Flatbush Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11238
Office: (718) 230-3535
Fax: (718) 622-6176
The residency is scheduled to begin July 1st of each residency year.